Higher Level Skills
The Higher Level Skills program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to access one subsidised training place in selected certificate IV and above qualifications, or priority skill sets.
The aim is to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university. Employers may also be able to access training to address workforce development needs.
Are you Eligible?
Higher Level Skills (Certificate 4 and above) eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Queensland resident;
- Aged 15 years or over;
- No longer at school;
- Australian OR New Zealand citizen OR and Australian Permanent Resident (including humanitarian entrants), OR a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency;
- Not holding, and not enrolled in a Certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
- Must be currently working in a particular industry (depending on the qualification chosen).
To complete a Queensland Government self-eligibility check, follow this link
Program Information and Fact Sheet
For more information, access and read the Higher Level Skills Program Fact Sheets:
- Higher Level Skills student fact sheet (PDF 288KB or DOCX 420KB)
- Higher Level Skills – https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/higher-level-skills
What Courses Can I do?
The qualifications below are currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Department of Education and Training through the Higher Level Skills program for eligible Queensland participants.
|Qualification Code||Qualification Title||Student
|CHC50113||Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||$200||$300|
- Download AOT Fees Schedule for Other Fees
- Download AOT Fees and Refunds Policy
- Download AOT Student Refund Request Form
- Download AOT Student Payment Plan Request Form
Please read the course flyer to view any additional course specific requirements